Friday 7 October 2011

Using the pen tool in Photoshop

First of all I went to google to find a produce related image

I then used the pen tool to create a vector drawing. I traced the outline of the image and made sure all the lines were connected so it would be easy to use the paint bucket tool to fill in the shape.

Then, using the paint bucket tool I coloured the strawberry in red, I used various layers and used the pen tool again to trace the leaves, I coloured them all in different shades, but still stuck to a simple design.
Here is my final image! I added text to make the image slightly less plain and more interesting. After looking at Julian Opie's work, I decided I loved the look of bold colours and little detail, so this is the style I was ging for. I'm really pleased with my final piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment